Saturday 20 September 2014

Some random sewing and Christmas is coming

I had a random burst of creativity yesterday afternoon and made myself a small block keeper for my DJ blocks in progress. I had been carrying the pieces around in a little tin, but some of them are becoming like little jigsaw puzzles. I have a beautiful large block keeper made by Teresa, and now I have a small one too!

It was a simple project, I pretty much picked out two favourite fabrics and sewed them together with some off cuts of light weight batting in between. Raelee inspired me to look through my pile of "finished but not finished off" stitcheries, and this one suited perfectly. It measures about 7 1/2" square.


I can honestly say I haven't given Christmas a thought beyond booking a place to stay with my in-laws at the beach. Not a Christmas stitch has been sewn, but that may be about to change......because the wonderful Chookyblue is running her Secret Santa Christmas swap again this year. It just wouldn't be Christmas without this swap to take part in, so a big thankyou to Chooky for organising us all.

I'm heading off to the Mudgee Farmers Market with Mr 13 this morning, and hoping for an afternoon of sewing (or napping) in the sunshine. Enjoy your weekend too.

Susan x

27 comments:

  1. Oh the sun is beaming down here too... just PeRFeCt for a morning at the markets!
    EnJoY your new keeper...and perhaps some sewing later... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Susqn,

    Oh such a great idea for the block keeper. Hope you have a lovely time at the markets.

    Happy days
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your block keeper, enjoy your market day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block keeper is lovely. Such a good idea. Enjoy the markets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your block keeper is wonderful! Really great burst of creativity.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great use for your orphan pieces, Susan - I'm sure I have the odd one around here I could turn into a block holder too :-) Sounds like you have a good Saturday booked in - enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan lovely block keeper and how much fun are chooky's swaps,enjoy the markets and your peaceful afternoon.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your block keeper is so sweet. I'm glad you found my inability to finish stuff inspirational and your sweet little stitchery has found a home on the front. Good luck with the afternoon of sewing....or napping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely and such a fantastic idea to have a special DJ block keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your very cute block keeper Susan - perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your block keeper is fantastic. It is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great way to use your forgotten stitchery,
    I have a block keeper on my to do list.
    Maybe I can find a stitchery waiting to be used in my stash too.......
    sewing or napping? decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a sweet block keeper, just perfect for your Dear Jane blocks.

      Delete
  13. your block keeper is perfect .... and so pretty too..... yup... I managed to sneak into Chooky's swap too... yayayay
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful block holder - your stitching is perfect. But sunshine really - you must not be from down south lol....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that is one very cute block keeper. Hope you managed to find lots of goodies at the market.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, I love redwork! I hope that your lovely block keeper, helps keep you inspired with Dear Jane : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute block keeper......welcome to the SSCS once again.................

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thats so sweet Susan, great idea for keeping your pieces safe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely block keeper Susan which will be very handy to keep your DJ in! I joined up with Chooky too this year....can't believe Christmas is nearly here again....seems like we just had it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your little block keeper Susan. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea for your DJ blocks - it turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous block keeper, such a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea for a block keeper. Now your little pieces will not get lost. Love it.
    I'm in with SSCS as well. It is pure excitement.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great, effective way to use your stitchery. You will be much more organised now. I hope you founds some yummy bits and pieces at the Farmers Market. We will all have to start thinking Christmas now that we have signed up for SSCS. It wouldn't be the same without it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your little block keeper.. and that rabbit stitchery is just so you!!.. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...