Wednesday 24 December 2014

Christmas sewing

Between kayaking, fishing, walking, reading, swimming (too cold for me though) and eating, I've had a little bit of sewing time. Last week was so busy I didn't have a lot of time to plan my holiday sewing.
I started with this runner unfinished from last year. Not terribly happy with the circles, tiny ones are hard to keep neat. Hopefully it won't take another year to finish off the ends and backing.

My red cross stitch sampler came with me, but due to a miscalculation I have undone every stitch I have sewn since I got here! So no progress to show there.
This is the decoration I sent to Karol-Ann for Chooky's SSCS. I'm getting very excited about opening my gift from Berit tomorrow.

Yesterday I took my MIL for a manicure as her Christmas present. It was only her first time and my second. It was a lot of fun, but I chipped the nail polish within ten minutes. I'm far too practical for painted finger nails I think.

Being away from home is making our Christmas preparations very relaxed and low key. I hope your plans are coming together, that you can find time for a sneaky sew, and that Santa leaves you something special under the tree.

Happy Christmas
Susan x

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are quite relaxed and enjoying the break. Merry Christmas to you all, stay safe and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your beachy Christmas Susan...very sweet ornie and I love your runner x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound perfect to me....Enjoy have a lovely day Merry Christmas to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Susan. I wish you & your family a very safe, healthy & happy holiday season.
    HoHoHo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A 'relaxed and low key' Christmas sounds perfect - have a great day! Love the cross stitch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tablerunner is looking great, love the pretty backround fabric, the circles are looking good, considering how small they are.
    Wish you and your family a Merry Christmas,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the break with your family Susan! Sounds like it's been a fun and busy time so far! I am away from home as well, and I must say it is quite relaxing - if I was at home I would be fluffing around doing stuff and here I don't have to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your runner looks great....merry christmas dear Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan love your runner and glad you are having a wonderful holiday,love the decorationg you sent its gorgeous. Merry xmas to you and your lovely family and i hope you have a happy and safe new year.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet stitching! Too bad about the redo though. I think I'm too practical for nail polish too. Guess our fingers just get to be efficient not pretty.:) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely runner and cross stitch ornament! Merry Christmas to you Susan and all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your relaxing Christmas. Here's hoping you get those cross stitch calculations correct and can start making some progress. Karol-Ann is a lucky lady to receive such a cute decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds good and relaxing........i've only done about 2 or 3 manicures........Merry Christmas....

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like a lovely Christmas - fun idea with the manicure.. and I would be chipping the polish within minutes too! The runner is beautiful - is it on handtowel linen? And a very sweet ornament you made, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had to have a chuckle here Susan about the manicure...I'm the same...they just don't seem to last! Loving your table runner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...