Sunday 15 February 2015

Something new

Channelling my inner modernist today. I have been drooling over plus quilts on a few different blogs, particularly this one by Karen at Pieces of Contentment, and this at Crafty Blossom. So beautifully simple and elegant.

So after a little bit of maths and sketching I decided to make my own. I'm not sure of the destination for this quilt, so I didn't want to spend too much. I found a nice grey shot cotton at Spotlight yesterday, which unfortunately didn't feel or look as nice after I washed it, but I soldiered on. The cutting out has taken me less than an hour......

I think it will look better sewn together, so I'm off to spend some quality time with my machine.

Happy Sunday stitching,
Susan x

10 comments:

  1. I really do like the simplicity of this too. Will you hand quilt it? I'm almost finished 'Toes In the Sand' . My frame will be empty for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plus quilts are so popular and look amazing. Yours is going to be lovely Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it comes together well for you Susan - enjoy the process. I cut fabric for another Plus quilt on Friday, yet to sew it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little different from your past work but simply elegant. I am sure the quilting will bring up the fabric.looking forward to seeing the end result

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan this will look fantastic,enjoy your sewing this afternoon,a lovely way to spend your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great, definitely nurture that inner modernist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great already...... so the modern artist is budding?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely project to challenge your inner modernist Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...