Friday 24 April 2015

Catch up

Busy times here lately, but not so much sewing unfortunately. We had a short trip to Brisbane in the school holidays. It's a beautiful city and we really enjoyed doing some sightseeing and shopping. Unfortunately not enough time to catch up with any Brisbane bloggers this time. A highlight was Teppanyaki at a Japanese restaurant.........you don't want to see a photo of me catching a bowl of rice!

It was exciting to come home to special mail. I won a giveaway on Granny Loz blog. It's even autographed by Gail herself. Thank you Loz, I plan to make something from it before Christmas!

What I have been sewing is all hexagons. Some 1/2" auditioning for a pincushion swap, and some 3/8" for a new mini. If you like miniature quilts there is a great new Facebook group called Small Quilt Lovers......lots of very nice eye candy there.

That's it for now. I have a day off and the chores are done so I'm off to contemplate the mess in my sewing room.

Hope you enjoy this ANZAC weekend, and take a moment to remember those who have sacrificed so much for us.

Susan x

P.s. Can anyone recommend a good Australian supplier of Valdani perle cotton? I'm after a particular colour that I bought at the craft show last year, and of course I can't remember who from. Thanks.

12 comments:

  1. lucky you with the book.............sorry can't help with the thread..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. always love seeing hexies regardless of their size, yours look lovely.
    I think l'uccello stock Valdani threads not sure if it's the perle cotton or not.
    Happy hunting....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice win for you..Nice hexes too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hexies Susan - such lovely fabrics. Lovely win - Gail's book is great with lots of lovely projects. Think Lynette Anderson's Little Quilt Store stocks Valdani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan love this new book of Gails and lovely hexies,hope you have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great you got a bit of time way with your family, Susan. Your hexies are lovely and thanks for the thumbs up on the fb group :-) Lucky you with the win. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your stitching! Love those mini hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely DO want to see you catching a bowl of rice! Glad you had a chance to get away. Love those hexies. Love the fabric choices for them. Glad you had a chance to stitch on your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. did you see me waving as you went nearby???? love your little hexies and great book to win...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mini hexies look great! I've never tried smaller than 1" but think I just might one day.....Sounds like you had a nice time away. I'll have to check back and see if anyone turns up an Aussie online source of Valdani.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your win Susan.....I recently bought Patchwork Meets Embroidery and it's a lovely book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh think we are making the same pincushion lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...