Monday 18 January 2016

Catch up

It's been a busy start to the year. In Sydney to see the Sydney Kings play basketball last weekend, and Newcastle for a 50th this weekend just gone. Add returning to work, and not much sewing has happened!

I was lucky enough to visit Post Office Patchwork for five minutes on the way to Sydney, with 30% off too. And a little online retail therapy at Cherry Pie Designs as well.

.
I'm thinking about my next big project, and dabbling with a design of my own, and that's what the supplies are for. Think I need some more green and wish I had a whole quilt shop at my disposal, or at least a good one in town!

On a boring housework note, I upgraded my vacuum cleaner to a Dyson Animal Barrel yesterday. It should also be called the thread catcher! All those pesky threads don't stick to the carpet anymore! How exciting and blog worthy is that!



Stop the press...........just went to check on my own personal blackberry bush and it's harvest time! I'll apologise in advance to the farmers reading this, but I am a very responsible blackberry grower. My DH is very handy with the poison, but keeps one little patch for me. Blackberry pie coming up.....my favourite!

Susan x

21 comments:

  1. great fabrics.......oh the luxury of a fabric shop within a couple of hours......dream on for me..........
    Love my dyson........just brought one of the stick ones too.......enjoy the blackberries..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum ... blackberry pie .... double yum !!! Nice fabrics too and gotta love a dyson !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty fabrics look forward to seeing what you do with them. Blackberries look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be around shortly for some of that pie. It sounds divine. ;) I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with your fabrics. You won't know yourself with your new vacuum. We bought a Dyson stick vacuum a while back. It is the best for those little jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful selection of fabrics to start your stash!
    Sounds like the wheels are in motion.
    Great whiz bang vacuum. Hubs is keen to get a bag less I told him he has to wait till our one dies first.
    The blackberries loo delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your purchases and I am looking forward to seeing what you create...we are spoilt in the city. BlackBerry pie....Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll love the Dyson Susan! Look forward to seeing what you create....I'm sure it will just have your special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy blackberry pie ! Beautiful selection of fabrics will look forward to seeing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely fabrics. You will also love your Dyson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cant wait to see your new creation Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice fabrics! Not sure why all vacuum manufacturers cannot manage to produce a machine that gets those pesky threads - definitely a worthwhile investment! Mum actually got permission from Dad to buy and plant a blackberry bush - because it was thornless! I assume cos it came from the nursery is also not invasive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fabrics.. they look very fresh. great vacuum - a Dyson is on my wish list but my other one works well! Blackberries do taste yummy
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous fabrics Susan. We also have a dyson vac like that one you bought. Isn't it amazing, the suction is incredible, best thing we have ever bought. Yummy to your blackberry pie. Hope you enjoy it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny, I never seem to have enough green to choose from. We have a Dyson and my husband loves it. Looking forward to seeing the new project evolve. Blackberry pie, yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice fabrics. I make blackberry jam, it's my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummo fabric....love my Dyson ... Wish it could dust as well ... Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum I adore blackberries. some lovely fabric purchases Susan. I so look forward to what you are going to be making with them

      Delete
  17. Lovely fabrics there! I love my Dyson - bought for all the cat hair from 2 ginger cats! Enjoy your pie.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful fabrics you have there....that Dyson sounds great, we have floorboards here, no carpet which is so much easier with the threads and dog hair!! Love blackberries too, bet the pie was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the new fabrics and the peek I have had at what you have planned for them.
    A new hoover is always exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the fabrics, just bought myself a Dyson the same one for myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...