Monday 23 May 2016

Doing The Rounds and knitting

I'm trying Doing The Rounds as the name for my quilt. I am enjoying working on it so much. I can't wait til it's finished, but at the same time don't want it to end. The corners are coming together, I spent a lovely afternoon sewing circles in the Autumn sunshine yesterday.

 

 

I haven't braved the sock wool yet, but my cowl from the last post is finished. I also side tracked to make this little baby beanie for a work colleagues baby. I've never knitted a beanie, or used double pointed needles, and this was finished in less than two evenings. You can learn ANYTHING on YouTube! It's not perfect, but it is made with love and I could really feel the brain cells firing as I worked out how to use four needles at once. Now I've got a beanie started for one of my boys.....if only there were more hours in the day. 
 

The pattern was a free Ravelry download from LoveFibres or you can visit Julie's Etsy store here. I noticed she has a pattern for adorable bootees that look like gum boots if you're interested.......

I have an unexpected couple of days off so I'm going to race through all my housework so I can get back to my sewing and knitting!

Happy creating,
Susan x

19 comments:

  1. You stitched those little stop sign shapes so well. I did something recently that had a couple of those and couldn't get the sides even for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is going to be amazing Susan, you do such a nice job with your applique shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt will be wonderful Susan. I love those colours.
    Well done on the knitting... xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. So enjoying watching your beautiful quilt come together. After the little beanie success, you'll be knitting socks before you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is looking mighty fine! Love your hat! Knitting is so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty circles, so satisfying when you are really enjoying a project!
    Pretty beanie
    Enjoy your extra days to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic quilt! Love your fabric choices

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a fun block and great colors. Your points are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doing the Rounds is coming along beautifully! You won't be able to stop designing now you are enjoying it so much! Love the little beanie. I've made a few for my son and he loves them - they make a warm fashion statement but also control his unruly red hair when it is overdue for a cut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh you used youtube wisely Susan, lovely little beanie there! I usually end up watching stuff I didn't even go there for.
    Doing The Rounds is s splendid name for the quilt, perfect I think, well done x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful blocks Susan! The little beanie is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The project I'm currently stitching has hexagons, and I've never stitched them before. I hope that mine come out as neat as yours. Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours and block, cute beanie well done !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it funny how we don't want something to end as we get so immersed in it! Cute little beanie too Susan.....knitting is fun but I haven't done any for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love watching your project grow. Seems the knitting bug is hitting a few of us. First pair of socks finished tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. In The Rounds is so beautiful - it's not surprising you are enjoying it so much... I do love that beanie. One day I will knit again - all I seem to do is a square in the car for a dishcloth!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a nice play of colors going on In The Rounds - what a pleasure to truly enjoy what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Susan ,wow loving watching this grow,you are so very clever and the beanie is so cute,hope your day is a good one my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Youwill be perfect at circles by the time you are done. It looks amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...