Saturday 18 June 2016

Reality

Hmmmm.......so it would seem that working full time does dreadful things to a girls sewing time. Hence the lack of posting, and not really a great deal to show. It's all about priorities though, so I have been squeezing sewing time into my day. And a fair bit of knitting time too, although I wish I had the courage to pull my knitting out at lunchtime at work. My first sock is going pretty well, but I'm scared of the heel that is coming up, and of second sock syndrome. I'm following the pattern by Winwickmum, with wool from The House of Wool, and a 30cm circular needle (2.75mm). Quite fun but slow going. 
 

I've also spent hours days agonising over the corners of Doing The Rounds. After seeking many opinions, I have decided to go with my engineering consultants suggestion (DH) and add some smaller petals. Thank you also to Hilda at Everystitch for finally helping me decide and let my poor mind rest. 
 

It's another lovely rainy weekend. Not so great though for my Mr 14 who is turning 15 tomorrow and having a bonfire party tonight. Fortunately he has a very positive personality that a bit of rain will not dampen.......and his mum thought to cover a smaller fire before the rain started. Here he is patiently modeling the beanie I knitted. 
 

Very happy that Mr 19's end of semester coincides with the Sydney craft show, so that's where I'll be on Wednesday. I'm really hanging out for some retail therapy, but I'll try to leave some fabric behind for those going later in the week! 

Happy weekend,
Susan x

22 comments:

  1. I'm sure the boys will still have a good time tonight, despite the weather. Your knitting is going well. I'm looking forward to the progress on Doing the Rounds now you have made your decision. Enjoy your time in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all happening ... Great knitting ..I am sure the party will be a great success .. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full time .... Not good for sewing, but I can see you are hanging on in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sock is progressing nicely, I would take it along to work on during lunch. Before I retired I noticed most of my coworkers spent their lunch hours with face to cellphone. Hope you enjoy the show and find lots of fabric goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bonfires tonight looks perfect compared to last night and what could be tomorrow night.......
    Our fire from last weekend started streaming when it rained yesterday...... Obviously still some good coals still in their.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the corners of Doing the Rounds. She is very lovely. Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sock yarn :) And as usual I'm in awe of your quilting, just gorgeous :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the bonfire was a success, or at very least that the birthday will be very special. Sydney Craft Show should be an amazing experience - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The corner looks good, so hard to make a decision sometimes when there are so many options!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shame about the full time but you're still hanging in there and keeping the hands busy. Good luck with the pretty socks. Love the beanie - he looks very snug :)
    Would be lovely to bump into each other at the Show on Wednesday - am heading in on my Quilt group bus that day too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Handy to have your own engineering consultant on site! Enjoy the quilt show - good timing it coincides with end of Uni semester!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great decision for your corners...its so lovely! Love the "second sock syndrome " lol! You have still been very productive in your hectic work schedule. Well done you! A very happy birthday to your young man and hope the rain holds off but I am sure they will still have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely sewing and knitting - good that you are managing to find some time for some fun stitching. Happy Birthday to Mr 15... hope the bonfire went off well..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great decisions for the corners. It all fits together in a balanced way. Have fun at the show and Sidney.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colour of that sock yarn and am amazed by the progress you are making on Doing the Rounds. Why no knitting at lunchtime? Why is courage needed?
    I made the mistake of putting my sock knitting down and now I need a good hour and a cuppa and some counting to figure out where I left off a couple of months ago. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your knitting project looks great Susan, I don't know how to knit so I admire what you are making. Have fun at the craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The beanie looks great - congrats to Mr 15 :0) good luck with the heel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What wonderful timing for the show...the sock is looking great ...my mother used ti knit two sleeves at once so that she avoided "Second sleeve syndrome" - maybe that could work??
    Find a quiet spot and knit - there could be someone else who might join in too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your knitting is so great Susan and I love your quilt. It's looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Working does get in the way doesn't it? I am a bit late commenting on the sock as I see on IG one is finished. A lovely choice of colour. Enjoy the show on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. your quilt is looking amazing, love the colours of the socks....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday to the boys and enjoy your shopping. I love your quilt and the beanie and the model is very good...LOL I know boys hate you taking photos at that age.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...