Friday 23 September 2016

Happy Friday

I love knitting socks. I don't know why I love it so much. I have dabbled in knitting on and off for years without much success but socks have me in their grip. They are such a neat, fun, portable project, and it makes me feel super relaxed. I really like wearing them too, and will be kind of sad when the weather gets too warm for them!

How good to start the weekend with a finish. A pair of socks for my husband! 
 

I'm still quilting and cross stitching, because I love doing that too, but progress is a little slower. I haven't started anything new. I'm really desperate for a new applique project, but I'm also realistic about how much less time I have to sew these days. I hate it when I have lots of things to work on and not as much time as I'd like, so I'm being SENSIBLE and restrained.

 

The end is in sight for Scarlett Ribands. I have finished page 8 of 12, so just the bottom row to go. I am really keen to get this finished, framed and on my wall. (I may or may not have another Long Dog Sampler waiting in the wings). 

 

I think being able to knit in the car is one of the reasons I'm enjoying sock knitting. This is the next pair on my needles for weekend travelling.
 
Happy stitching (and knitting),
Susan X


19 comments:

  1. Good on you with all your knitting. I love the cheerful colours of your next pair of socks I Have socks that Mum has knitted but I never seem to wear them. Your cross stitch is coming along famously. Looking great. The weather is looking rather bleak out your window. Here's hoping we get some sun tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just never have enough time to stitch and craft.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of sensible and restrained, but I keep failing at it. The gorgeous stripes of your new socks are too cute! I like your hubby's socks too. They are not dissimilar to the colour of the socks I am knitting for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great socks ... Id be travel sick working in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great pair of socks Susan, I also love the idea of sensible and restrained which I have also been trying to do for awhile now. Love Scarlett Ribands :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colourful socks...I love having many projects on the go, but time is always the enemy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seem to be knitting at a great pace. You may not need to refer to a pattern soon, it will all be from memory. Beautiful needle work. It will look stunning hanging on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a knitting marvel. Your sampler is fabulous :0)I always enjoy seeing your beautiful handquilting progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely projects Susan! Oh dear I'm not good at being restrained....I love to start new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love your Scarlett Ribands, gorgeous! I wonder what your next cross stitch project might be? It's nice to have sewing or knitting that's relaxing, that's why I like sewing hexies. I hope we get some warm spring weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great pair of socks. Your stitchery is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your socks are just great! Looks like perfect quilting weather at your place still. Your cross stitch is gorgeous. Lucky you being able to knit in the car....I cannot even look at a road map....erk! I hope that special new applique projects comes along xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing the socks you are making in your addiction.... the cross stitch is just amazing and the quilt coming along nicely....

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new socks the colour combo is great! Our weather is so nice at present it is hard to sit inside and stitch, I should be gardening, but alas working also. Still nice to see your progress, particularly the red cross stitch, which I adore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been making great use of the time that you have Susan and socks fit the bill perfectly! Love that cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm also a bit of an obsessive sock knitter, yours are lovely. They are such a portable project for crafting on the go. Lovely blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The socks are lovely Susan, both the finished pair and the latest ones. The cross stitch is amazing! It looks like you've had some good quilting/stitching//knitting weather!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The socks look great Susan... you're very skilled! The sampler is looking fab, you'll be finished in no time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...