Friday 10 February 2017

Hello there!

Long time no blog! 

Scarlett Ribands is finished and at the framers. I am SO excited to see how it will look.

 

I've been quilting Doing The Rounds a little in the mornings when it's cool enough. It's been way too hot for it most days. This is how it's looking from the back.
 

I knitted a pair of Honey Badger socks for my MIL birthday. It was a personal best, I finished them in less than a week!
 

After my shawl disaster last year I'm trying again. This pattern by Curious Handmade comes with a workshop and support group! This photo was taken about 25% in, and now I have six very long rows left. It feels very naughty, but I'm planning to sit under the air conditioning and finish it on my day off today.
 

It's proving quite difficult to balance quilting and knitting lately, if only there were more crafting hours in the day. I hope you stay cool or warm this weekend, depending on where you are in the world. I will be bunkered down in the air con, with fingers crossed for no blackouts. Autumn.......you can come anytime!

Susan x

18 comments:

  1. So nice to read your blog again and see your beautiful work. Love the socks and wow the shawl is looking great as is the quilting very impressive. Scarlett Ribands what can I say except Wow wow just stunning !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that Scarlett ribands is sooooooooo gorgeous!!!!!! The socks are also impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent cross stitch finish! Lovely knitting projects.
    Looks like good progress on your quilting too.
    Good to see a post up
    Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlett Ribands is magnificent and your quilting is so beautiful. Love the socks you knitted. When my children were younger I would knit year-round, often with a fan blowing directly onto me in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Scarlet Ribands is sensational!!! The quilting looks amazing too, you are good to be knitting in the hot weather, the socks are lovely and the shawl is looking great too. Hope you enjoyed knitting with the air con!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Susan. Lovely to catchup on your doings. Your cross stitch is beautiful! Sitting in air con sounds a good plan to me x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is breathtaking. Wonderful job!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just the most beautiful sampler Susan - stunning in red! so many little motifs that could be applique inspirations too...
    Thank goodness for air conditioning and fans eh? It's predicted to be an appalling 41 deg here today but a local quilt shop is having it's once a year sale ...do I dare venture out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why not stay under the air con, too hot to do anything outside! Your work is looking lovely, hope you "find" some more craft time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly have been busy I can't wait to see your cross stitch in its frame. So much work in it. Your knitting is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sampler is a marvelous work of art. It will be a treasure when you get it back from the framers. I think we all wish there were more hours for crafting, but you certainly make good use of the ones you have!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your poor little fingers must be so tired by now but they will be very pleased with the results. Your framed Scarlett Ribands will look stunning. Love those socks. Will revisit mine when the weather cools a little.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My you've been busy - a pair of socks in a week! I'm in awe. And as for your sampler, well, words just cannot describe how much I love it. Gorgeous. It will be great to see it up on the wall. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work Susan...particularly love the needlework

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful sampler Susan. It seems you are finding time for all of the beautiful handwork you do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you'll be able to keep cool as you work on the knitting Susan... can wait to see your piece back from the framer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your work, and I agree not enough hours in the day ❣

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...