Tuesday 1 August 2017

Hello strangers

Hello there. My poor little blog has been suffering this year, but a lovely email from a special bloggy friend has prompted me to post. My blog might be quiet but life has been going on at its usual rapid pace. I have been knitting socks and shawls, English paper piecing diamonds and a little applique. 

Some exciting things have happened too. This little favorite of mine won second place in the Miniature category at the Sydney Quilt Show in June. I have wondered for ten years if a quilt of mine would ever be exhibited there, let alone win a prize. What a great experience it was. I loved doing my white glove duty too, and spending a crafty weekend in Sydney with the Cassilis Quilters.

It was also exciting to see my own design, Doing The Rounds hanging at the show. It didn't win a prize, but it's my favorite quilt ever. From the scrappy original sketch to every single hand stitch, it is my own work, and a personal goal achieved. The icing on the cake was being approached to make a pattern for my quilt, and it will soon be available to purchase from De Quiltster in the Netherlands. Hats off to all the wonderful designers who do this for a living, pattern writing is hard! If you're interested in a copy, please email me.

I hope everyone in blogland is well and happily stitching away. I'm more often found on Instagram as Thimblestitch1 these days, so pop over and say hi.

Take care,
Susan

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations Susan on these fantastic achievements!!! How exciting to win second prize for your mini and to have your Doing the Rounds on show and to be a published pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your quilts! job well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your little quilt at the show! It was amazing. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you pop in to see us bloggers :-) Congratulations on both counts - a second at the show is a great achievement and well done on the invitation to write up your design as a pattern! Both are beautiful quilts. Good to hear all is well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan, wow that's wonderful, congratulations!
    Both of those items have such skill & work in them, you deserve all the praise & ohh-ahhs for them!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see a post from you Susan, and you're right, you have been busy. It looks like your star is rising. Congratulations on your ribbon - that's a beautiful little quilt) and double congrats on getting into the pattern business. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt looks so lovely !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you on the ribbon! Lovely to have an opportunity to make a pattern too! I've heard it's easier if you write it while making the quilt, but how could you know?:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your ribbon - such a lovely miniature quilt - enjoyed seeing it's progress through your blog! And your large quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations and I like the Doing the rounds quilt. Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Susan - so much to be proud of!! I just love your photo of Doing the Rounds on the fence. I'll be keeping an eye out for Dutch versions popping up on the Net once your pattern is out there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Susan! A prize and some life goals accomplished must be a very satisfying feeling. I enjoy keeping up with your creative endeavours on Instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, well deserved!
    Wow hope the pattern writing process isn't too difficult, congrats on that too.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your prize. Very well deserved. Both the quilts are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...