Sunday 6 May 2012

A late weekend finish

Amidst the comings and goings of family life, I finally found time to finish my SKOW bag tonight. It only needed the button and loop (yucky simple little job) and ta-da, it's finished.


The back is quite plain, but I think two sides of stitchery would be too much.
It's quite a nice sized bag, so I may make it again, but in a feature fabric.

I went to Bathurst on Friday to see Dad, and again today with the whole family. He is doing okay, but it is an exhausting and emotional experience for us all. After our visit today we went to see Avengers in 3D - it was pretty good (especially for hubby and three boys).

I am working on my Hexagon Star quilt again. I figure if I get the big star done it will be easier to choose a background. I'm just sick of it hanging around. And now that it's getting colder, I want to get back to hand quilting my Stars Quilt. Look at the poor thing shoved under my desk in a washing basket - I'm aiming to finish it before the end of winter.

Hope you find a quiet moment to stitch this week.

Susan x

10 comments:

  1. Loving your bag Susan, it's making it very easy to put that on my "make it next" list ??? Love the fabrics and love your stars too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag!!! must make that one too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is lovely, don't you hate the simple little jobs. I'm binding a quilt that has been waiting six months, now I'm half way through, don't know why I waited so long to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is fabulous...well done. That quilt looks great too. Hope all is well...aging parents are a fact of our lives,look after yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bag is lovely, and I also think it would look good in a feature fabric

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag turned out beautifully. I'm sure it will have lots of use. I can't wait to see the star finished. The colours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Susan, the bag looks gorgeous. I like it done in neutral tones. I have been trying to figure out SKOW, please help me.
    I enjoy seeing your Stars quilt, hope to have one of my own one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bag ... enjoy your quilting time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bag, I too have this to complete one day, love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...