It occurred to me last night that this dry weather would be perfect for a special washing project that I have been putting off for about four years!
I don't think I have blogged about my whole cloth quilt before. I started it in 2007 and hand quilted it (on and off) over the next three years. It came preprinted with blue wash out ink. I've used it on my bed a few times, but never got around to rinsing off the blue markings, I was too scared. So today is the day.
The design is "Queen Anne's Star", and it's a very large queen size. It got very boring at times, I found this quilt a real test of my resolve to be a "finisher", but I do love the end result. Here it is drying on the trampoline, and nothing terrible happened with the blue ink. And yes, I did have a happy volunteer to stand on the roof to take the photo.
If you're looking for a dose of fabulous reproduction work, check out this post at Every Stitch. I'm feeling very inspired and wishing I had a good reproduction patchwork store nearby.