Wednesday 25 November 2015

New routine and some help please

So my working days have changed and I'm trying to get used to a new routine where I work four days one week, then have six days off and work for two days, weekend, repeat. I really liked working Monday to Wednesday every week, I guess I'll have to get used to the change.

This week I've used my days to plough through some Christmas sewing, which is all secretive so I can't show you, and put the binding on this little fellow I started at the Middlebrook retreat. The Dresden is 5 1/2", and I am in love with the look of the echo hand quilting.


I need some help sourcing these. I don't know what they're called, but they are the BEST way to attach a charm to a zipper pull. I got these ones from Studio Mio, but they only have silver left. Does anyone know where I could get them, or have some they want to sell? I just crimp it with pliers and the charm stays put, it's about 3/8" open.


I surprised myself at the weekend by making quite a decent start on my Christmas shopping, and even wrapped it all up yesterday.........but the tree isn't up to put them under yet.......a job for the weekend. But not on Sunday because I'm having lunch with the Cassilis quilters! Looking forward to another stitchy catchup. 

Susan x


17 comments:

  1. Wow ... you sound totally in control ... wish I could be half that ready :)
    Lovely finish on your little dresden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little quilt..well done on making a start on your shopping..don't suppose you want to do mine while your at it lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Dresden. Luckily, my Christmas list is short, so very little shopping required.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Susan,
    lovely dreseden plate, love the fabric colors and the quilting, how cute.
    Never seen the metal closure before, sorry for not being any help there.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your Dresden mini, the hand quilting is so beautiful. Have you tried Punch with Judy for the metal clasps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That echo quilting looks fabulous - what nice even stitches you make. Also, might try a hardware store or a lighting shop for the little wire thingymabobs:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the look of your echo quilting too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful!
    Can't believe how small it is and so perfect.
    Love it
    Christmas shopping? Aargh haven't even started thinking about it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That work routine would take some getting used to!! Love your quilt, the quilting is amazing!!! No help with the metal thingys sorry....Christmas shopping...mmmmmm....trying to avoid!!! Have a great time at your stitching catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate changing my routine! It takes me ages to adjust! Love the echo quilting also. You sound so organised for Christmas..................I need to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not seen those claspy things before, but I suggest trying http://www.sewcreativesupplies.com.au.
    I hope the new routine becomes more comfortable over time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's often hard to accept a change in routine particularly if it is not of our instigation. Love your echo quilting. ..so beautiful! Sorry I can't be of any help with your clasp x

    ReplyDelete
  13. your change in routine doesn't seem to have impeded your productivity Susan!
    Hang in there I'm sure you'll get used to it... then it'll get changed on you again;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely little dresden and so delicately quilted. Can't help with the little clasp. If there is one thing for sure these days, things always change and we just have to go with the flow. You will find some positives.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Dresden is beautiful, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Susan your quilting is just beautiful...really sets off that Dresden! Good on you for doing all your shopping...our tree is going up this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely sewing, sorry can't help with the clips

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...