Saturday 21 December 2013

Crochet stars

Nanna (my MIL) turned out to be an excellent crochet teacher, and had me making stars before I was even out of my pj's yesterday. The large white ones were the first ones, then she made me try some finer ones. Once I got the hang of it, crochet was quite relaxing. I think I might make some bunting with the smaller ones.

After a little excursion to the shops yesterday, we finished with a visit to Euro Patissierie........gorgeous cakes which just happened to be two doors away from a patchwork shop! Patissierie and patchwork......a perfect combination. Quilt-Essentials was a lovely shop, lots of fabrics I liked, and very friendly staff. A few little bits of red fabric followed me home.

Today while the boys were fishing, Nanna and I discovered THE BEST markets I have been to in quite some time. The Olive Tree Market at The Junction was fantastic, really wish I hadn't already finished my Christmas shopping. Beautiful handmade goods, superb quality and presentation in a lovely location. Will definitely visit again.

Heading home tomorrow afternoon, and thoughts will turn to Christmas cooking.

Susan x

17 comments:

  1. How nice to be having a wonderful time with your nana,well done your stars are awesome.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stars and gorgeous fabric..you have been busy..sounds like you are having a wonderful visit with your Nana..Have a lovely Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
  3. your stars have worked beautifully - and will make very pretty bunting.... lovely fabrics ... I love markets.. always a fun moosling atmosphere.... happy cooking!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the stars. It sounds like you are having a great time! Great choice of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever girl! My Nan gave up teaching me to crochet! Wish I had managed to learn it while she was still with us! Nice fabric and yummy patisserie.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes a bunting would be perfect. So envious that you can create these stars. Crocheting is something I aspire to but fear I will never achieve. I shall live my crochet dream through you :o) hugs and enjoy that Christmas cooking. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stars Susan and what a great idea for bunting! Had a look at the link for the markets....how great are they!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cake and fabric - how delightful. Love your little stars too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bunting sounds lovely and crochet will certainly be a good portable project for summer. Good luck with your baking, hope it doesn't get too hot. Your lovely fabric will look good with my new French generals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute snowflakes... you are a fast learner! Lovely red fabrics... do you have a project in mind? Looks like a great outdoor market... can't get over the beauty of the tree in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stars are gorgeous, you did well!! The little purse in the previous post is beautiful too! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely crochet....merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a fast learner, the stars are adorable. The fabrics are just my style, any plans for them?
    Have a wonderful family Christmas. We have a bit of snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stars!..(or snowflakes)....I can't crochet...on my one day list!
    The Olive tree markets are on my to do list too!...( Maybe I should work on my lists in the new year!!)
    Have a wonderful Christmas.
    Xx Lea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations for conquering the crochet. A bunting of small stars would make a lovely decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go on your stars!
    Sounds like you found the perfect spot to shop and relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had the best time relaxing and shopping

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...