Monday 9 December 2013

Naughty, naughty

I am so naughty, I've been cutting paper with my rotary cutter!!

Thanks to Sharon I have followed a Facebook link to Sarah Fielke and a tutorial for a gorgeous Christmas decoration make from old books or sheet music. I paid $6 for a hot glue gun at the Reject Shop and now there's no stopping me!

When I've made 12 of these they all get glued together in ball. Wish me luck, last time I used a hot glue gun (about 9 years ago) I ended up in a rather sticky mess. I do feel a bit guilty about cutting up an old Enid Blyton book, but it wasn't a favourite, and may well have ended up in the recycling anyway.

I also had a fun trip to the post office today. I wonder where these are off to.......

Hope you have a great week.

Susan x

15 comments:

  1. Lovely! I always manage to burn myself lol! Oh those parcels look so pretty and festive,

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol that Shaz will lead you astray Susa,lol,they look fantastic Susan,you are very clever.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wrapping someone will be thrilled. Watch that glue gun they can give you a nasty burn if your not watching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naughty! But you can always change the blade....cant wait to see it finished....and good luck with the glue gun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have noted those to make some too! they are so pretty......
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol always happy to lead people astray! My blade it getting a little blunt so I thought it would be a good time to have a play as well but am struggling to cut into a book. I'm sure I will get over it and start making in no time :o) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are gorgeous. I have an old rotary cutter that I use for paper, pellon etc. The FIS presents look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your decorations are stunning so far Susan, can't wait to see what they are like all put together. I think Sarah Fielke is fantastic. Your parcels looks so beautifully gift wrapped. Someone is going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those flowers look so good.....I also saw Sharons post on IG..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow cutting up Enid, I am concerned you might get arrested by the librarians union for that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those gorgeous flowers. Those gifts look so yummy Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not so naughty Susan you could just get another blade! Don't know that I could cut into a book or sheet music, I think I would feel too guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the flowers... I'd have to go out and buy a book from the old book shop.... I just couldn't cut up one of mine!... its like cutting up old doilies....I have to get them from op shops.. so I don't know the owner. Xx L

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...