Sunday 1 July 2012

Gemma's sewing case continued

I was so very good at Hatched & Patched yesterday. I bought some fat quarters for a swap, and two pieces of red felt. Even with Anni waving a Simple Life fabric pack at me, I remained strong. I would never be so silly to suggest that I won't buy anything new this month, but I am going to try to focus on finishing rather than shopping.

I showed you the sewing case I made for my niece Gemma. Well, I thought she needed a pincushion and needle case too.

The pincushion is from Anni's Some Kind of Wonderful, and I made the needle case using some very thick interfacing I got at Nundle.

I love that the pincushion can be used either end. I have really enjoyed using fabrics which are so different to what I usually choose. Now I just have to enlarge a simple stitchery and make up a little kit for her first project.

Happy school holidays, and have a good week.

Susan x

20 comments:

  1. Wow Susan that bag is gorgeous and the matching pin cushion and needlecase look fantastic - well done. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemma will love this set Susan its gorgeous,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resistance is futile!!! such a lovely set for your niece - such lovely fabrics and colours...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gemma will love her gift. It is fun to sometimes work with different fabrics. You were very syrong at Anni's. I wonder how long it will be till you weaken?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gemma will be thrilled Susan..you have done a fantastic job...

    ReplyDelete
  6. a great set.........I am sure it will be well loved........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Loving your fabrics!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are going to be the best Aunty around. Love what you have made for Gemma, and putting a stitchery in there will just be perfect. Love your choice of fabrics..

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely set! Adorable gift to your niece!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bag in a feature fabric!!! She is going to love all her new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. simply gorgeous, nice fabric choices !

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i love the fabrics it all looks so bright and cheery
    i am sure she will love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute set Susan...it's always nice to try other colours other than what we are used to and seeing them come up really nicely!

    Oh my how tempting that would've been with Anni waving it around in front of you! Have a great week and enjoy the holidays xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. A special gift beautifully made. I do like that little pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan .... so very restrained .... I'm amazed!! Your bag looks gorgeous .. I'm sure Gemma will absolutely love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful bag. Your niece is a lucky girl. I just love Annie's shop I have only been once but if I lived closer I would be there more often and be broke I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that's such an adorable set!
    Love the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely gift set..I'm sure Gemma will love it..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Die Tasche ist toll.
    LG Grit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...