Wednesday 11 July 2012

Home again

Well so much for shopping in Sydney. We didn't make it past Charlestown Square, Newcastle on Monday. With the whole family in tow it was easier to go to a shopping centre we were familiar with. I am thrilled to have bought not one, but TWO dresses - and no denim in sight. One is for a special dinner next month, and the other for my nieces 21st. And a beautiful pair of black velvet heels. And no patchwork fabric or supplies of any kind - very unusual behaviour for me.

I had a small procedure on my eye yesterday so it was quite an ordinary day. Thankfully a lot of the day was spent in the car on the way home. Eye patches make it very difficult to sew or read or watch tv. Feeling much better today though, so the needles will be out later!

I did finish another Bluebird of Happiness purse before I went away. This one is heading off to Melbourne with a scarf for my beautiful big sister.

And some little squares sewn together for Anni's project bag.

It's a beautiful rainy morning outside, 34mm last night and more to come. Not so good for washing, but excellent for a lazy day of sewing. Happy stitching.
Susan x

14 comments:

  1. Love the stitching...hope the eye feels better today so you can stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Susan lucky big sister,i love that purse,well done and hope your eye heals quickerly.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Stitching and I do hioe that your eye is better today. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purse!! Hope your eye is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope your eye is much better.... I'm blinking just thinking about it! Lovely little purse... do you want to be my sister too???? rain has just started here... so definitely will get out the needles too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute purse..........glad you got some shopping in.........hope the eye is well..........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Die Stickerei auf dem Säckchen sieht super aus.
    LG Grit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Susan all the best for a speedy recovery on your eye...I hope you had a lovely afternoon with your stitching!

    Oh my gosh black velvet shoes...they sound just divine...I love shoes...yesterday I bought some purple boots!

    What a gorgeous little purse...a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those purses are soo cute. Hope you eye is better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take care of that eye. Hopefully it will be right as rain soon. You'll be having withdrawals not being able to see to stitch. Your sister will love her purse and I can't wait to see your latest project from Anni's book. We had 27mm of good rain. I hope it is fine for Saturday at the Field Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope you recover quickly from your procedure.
    If you send me the beautiful purse I am sure I could pass it on to your sister in melb for you? (it may take a while...) It's really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all is well with your eye Susan...please take care, love your bag...outfits sound so nice...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those little purses are just so cute.
    Hope your eye is healing well.
    Have been fighting a chest infection but on the improve.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh hope your eye feels better, love the purse your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...