Sunday 16 March 2014

I'm back

Thank you everyone for your good wishes for our anniversary. We had a lovely time in Sydney, indulged in too much good food and wine, and just enjoyed being together. We spent quite a lot of time enjoying this gorgeous view from our hotel, and the comings and goings on the harbour.

I did take some sewing but didn't do a stitch while I was away. I did however, get to visit two of my favourite patchwork shops. First up was Post Office Patchwork at Glenbrook. I chose a brown stripe for the border of my little orange peels, and some other little pieces that caught my eye. And some utterly adorable little 1" diamonds.

I rarely buy more than a fq of most fabrics, one of the benefits of making scrappy quilts I guess.

On the way home yesterday, I made up for missing GDITC with a visit to Quiltsmith. As usual, the staff were so helpful and obliging. Two lovely ladies helped me choose some fabrics for my nieces quilt. Inspiration came from the talented Ros at Bloom and the beautiful quilt she made for her daughter. Very unusual choices for me, but I think (hope) it will turn out ok. Not a very good photo of the white.....so much thought goes into which shade of white to use!

And some shirtings.....I love shirtings! I was very tempted to buy the pattern for The Unknown Quilt too, I even had it in my hand, but I put it back for another day.

So back to family life today, and definitely some stitching before the day is over.

Susan x

13 comments:

  1. now that's a million dollar view! how amazing.
    love your purchases. The fabrics for your nieces quilt are lovely too. some pretty blues in there.
    Can't wait to see the pattern that will transform them
    Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretties! What will you do with the 1" diamonds? Mine are on the way and are for the Di Ford Mystery quilt.
    I also thought Sydney Harbor is the most beautiful in all the world - your view sure shows that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it looks like you did have a lovely weekend although you didn't make it to Nundle
    Can't wait to see what you make with all those pretty fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful view Susan and lots of very yummy purchases. Look forward to seeing them pop up in projects to come

    ReplyDelete
  5. It so good you had a great time :-) What a wonderful view! Good on you for fitting in some personal shopping time - you have some lovely fabrics there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a great time Susan,and I love your new buys.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't Sydney just the best place to visit, I love going to Sydney and staying right where you were is even better!!!! Lovely fabric choices and someday maybe in the distant future when I finish all my other UFO's I might start the Unknown Quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice purchases, I am impressed you just get a fat quarter, I always buy more then I need!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a lovely time and got to do some fabric shopping as well. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful break in a very vibrant location. Lovely assortment of fabrics, especially those for your niece. They work beautifully together. The boys must have been so happy to have you both home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great view! Love your fabric choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely and relaxing weekend you have had Susan in a beautiful place and topped off with essential shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That view should be on a postcard! (It probably is!)
    It's always fun to visit a few shops while vacationing, and pick up some goodies to bring home. I'd say you did a fine job in that department!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...