Saturday 12 December 2015

Back to it

I have given myself a stern talking to and have decided to do a little bit of hand quilting first whenever I sit down to sew. I don't want to wait for next winter to finish Irish Circles, and working on borders isn't too hot in summer. So here it is, the beginning of the second last border. I'm unsure if it needs a bit more quilting........will reassess when I finish the border.

We are in the peak of our pre Christmas festivities this weekend, oh how I wish I could spread them evenly though the year. Not a lot of spare time for blogging at the moment, but I have been visiting, just not leaving many comments.

My partner in the SSCS has received her parcel, and I am waiting "patiently" for mine. I thought it had come yesterday but it was my December fabric club from Cherry Pie Designs. Not disappointed with this gorgeous selection!

You may recall the little daschunds I made last month, well they were a test run for a Christmas gift for my son's girlfriend. Introducing Jam Roll.......I am looking forward to gifting this fellow.

Enjoy the weekend,
Susan x

16 comments:

  1. What beautiful quilting. I love your new fabrics!! Such a very cute little gift....sure to be loved x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is a hectic time of year! What gorgeous fabrics - especially the red :0) Your hanbdquilting, as always, is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a shame we can't distribute the festivities so life doesn't get so crazy. Jam Roll is very cute and your quilting looks wonderful as always. Sounds like I should try giving myself a stern talking to and I might even get around to posting about something today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting on the cream border looks great....i am a straight line, shadow or circles girl myself but just love the little curve....glad you like the fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jam Roll has stolen my heart, so very cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. always suchlovely things to look at on your blog.. Jam Roll is ultra sweet and I love your new fabrics.... well done with getting on with the quilting... it is looking so gorgeous already
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic quilting ... jam roll is so cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you areback on track .....the talking to has worked!! Lol!! Some beautiful fabric there and Jam Roll is seriously cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought your hand quilting was by machine at first glance, it is so even! Love Jam Roll, such a cutie, very tempted to make one myself...satisfied the urge with by pinning a picture instead! Jealous of your Cherry Pie fabrics, I am joining, as soon as I get a job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Irish Circles is coming along beautifully...love Jam Roll, he is just a darling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Irish circles are just beautiful Susan and I'm glad your fitting in some time to continue the quilting

      Delete
  11. Your quilting looks wonderful - Jam Roll is so cute - I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a good thing that you listen to yourself and have returned to the hand quilting. Just a little at a time...
    Gosh, little Jam Roll is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Little "jam roll" looks good enough to to eat... He is a real cutie and will be a wonderful gift.
    Merry Christmas Susan... To all the family as well. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Little "jam roll" is adorable! Quilting the edges is a good option. I'm revisiting my Set Free (blue and white flying geese) quilt as I've decided it needs more quilting before I dare wash it. Just working on the edges for now, as time and weather permit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...