Tuesday 2 June 2015

Weekend sewing

I'm back! I've changed over to the Blogger app and it seems to be working again....phew.

I joined in the Chookshed celebrations by basting my Irish Circles quilt on Friday. Thank goodness for the pinning tool from Cheryll, it saved my fingers. 

Then on Saturday the Cassilis quilters finally got together again. There were lots of holiday stories from Africa, America, South Australia (and Dubbo for a lucky few!). And lots of gifts. African fabric from Julie and teeny tiny foundation piecing kits from Lea's quilting trip to the U.S. 
 
Lea also shared her antique quilt purchases. Love this applique tent maker quilt.......

.....and this mini is only 8"square! Beautiful.
 
Raelee made the first stitches in her epic cross stitch.....it's about 90cm by 60cm, so will definitely be a labour of love. This is her pretty stars progress.


We were all prepared to celebrate Lea's milestone birthday, but we were a year early! Very funny and embarrassing. My neighbour decorated these sewing themed cakes, we even had flowers, birthday cake and presents.


I was working on binding my nine patch quilt, and hope to finish tonight.

Susan x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...