Wednesday 29 July 2015

Personal best

I have finished the baby quilt I started last week. It would have to be a personal best for me......eight days from purchase to quilted and binding on. It was fun to make, and the perle quilting was quick to do. I had my doubts about the fabric choice, but I quite like it now that it's finished.

Sunday saw me on the road to Cassilis for a long overdue catch up. Spending the day with these lovely, funny, creative women really is fantastic......wish I could do it more often. Here we are having a celebratory drink for Raelee's birthday. Me, Kylie, the birthday girl Raelee and Lea.

I didn't take any photos of what we were working on, but I did have some accessory envy with this cute reel holder Lea made for Raelee.

I have too many slow projects on the go lately. Whilst I find them very satisfying to work on it can get a bit frustrating. So what do I do? Go and buy another slow project.....I must be mad! I finished the second Quaker Samplings cross stitch in blue a while back. I just love the sampler style so now Scarlet Ribands has arrived and is waiting to come to life in Ruby Slipper thread.....great name for the thread don't you think? The stitched area is 20" x 21" so I think this will keep me going for quite some time! I ordered the linens and thread over the phone from The Crewel Gobelin and I have to say their service is excellent, it's not easy to discuss shades of linen for a big project over the phone. I phoned Thursday and it was in my mailbox Friday!

Happy stitching.
Susan x


24 comments:

  1. Hi Susan.....loving your quilt....I am a bit partial to those soft smoky brown/taupe shades and Aqua...I think those taupe shades are my new favourite colours! I'm laughing now....I think I'm mad too starting Sylvia's Bridal Sampler as I have quite a few projects on the go and purchase new ones also lol. But I will get through them as I'm sure you will! Enjoy your day off xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow all so beautiful. Love this cross stitch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby quilt is very pretty Susan. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twos Susan I love the quilt,the colours are so pretty have fun with your new cross stitch xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Susan,
    lovely Baby quilt, in 8 days, this is handquilted. You are so amazing.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet quilt - and extra special with the hand quilted touch. I just love that sampler! Could be a great applique quilt project too - maybe simplified a wee bit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love looking at what you do....you over achiever you!...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo! the baby quilt looks gorgeous. You don't want them to finished that quickly all the time though.
    such a beautiufl new cross stitch project, it looks like it will be a long term project.
    I can understand your accessory envy, I think I have it too!
    Lucky Raelee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 8. Days! 8. Days!! I am in awe of your PB, it would take me 8 days just to get the final decision of what to do sorted let alone an entire quilt...well done you!...just love cross stitch samplers, enjoy your new project...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! You did such a good job sticking-to-it and finishing it so quickly. Isn't it so hard to resist buying something new?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks awesome Susan ... Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Susan - gorgeous quilt and so quick too. Lovely design. I love samplers too and that new cross stitch is going to be stunning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the very fast and very cute finish. You rocked that baby quilt!

    LOVE that thread holder- borderline genius. Ive never seen such a thing and now I desperately want one. I’m guilty of throwing my thread in my handbag – and it getting grubby and icky before dragging it out again.

    Your sampler project is gorgeous too – I can see why you were tempted !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done with the quilt, Susan. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow fantastic effort the quilt looks great !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, you did work quick on that baby quilt and it has worked out beautiful (glad you like it too!!) Sewing days with the girls are so much fun. haha... a new long term project and what a challenging one it is too!!! What a clever little spool holder ... I can see why there was a bit of envy???

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. The baby quilt is beautiful...well done on such a quick finish!! Lovely to have a day out with the girls, bets way to spend a day! Ooooo.. very nice new long term project!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful quilt and great reason for a catch up xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The baby quilt is lovely...sure to be treasured. Nothing beats celebrating with good friends x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such sweet and simple quilt! Very nice to have it finished up so quickly too.:) Love that you have another slow project to tempt you. That's the way I am with applique--always have too many in the queue!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think your baby quilt is lovely - and modern. Gosh you Do like slow projects - the thread is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So you should be happy with your quilt. It turned out beautifully. It looks like you all had a fantastic day at Cassilis. You are a sucker for punishment with your new project. At least you will have an extra one to rotate through when you are ready for a break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...