Thursday 23 July 2015

Weekend sewing

Well I did get a short visit to Pot Pourri Cottage on the weekend......for about ten minutes! Long enough to choose some fabric for a baby quilt......not the kind of baby quilt I would make for myself, but more modern tones for a friend at work. Light blue Tilda stars and a plain spot for chevrons, with something brighter on the back. It's very difficult to get the colour in a photograph, it's not brown and the stars are light blue. Sue at the patchwork shop assured me my choice was ok and very suitable for a modern young mum. I hope it will turn out ok.....to be honest I'm not 100% committed, as not everyone likes handmade. I have actually made the top and basted it together this week but I want to add some quilting before I show you.

We checked out the new ANZAC walk in Newcastle, it was raining and blustery, but still fun. A great addition to the foreshore.


I just had to take a pic of this little sign I saw when I was buying coffee and cake.......it explains everything!

Time to stop blogging and rush through the housework so I can do some sewing on my day off. Fast forward nine hours, and now that I have internet again I'll do my post!

Happy stitching,
Susan x

19 comments:

  1. can't wait to see your baby quilt I'm sure you have done a great job. It is hard to work outside our comfort zone sometimes but it's good to have a go.
    lovely little dear jane blocks and that little tag exlains everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby quilt is sure to be loved. Love your blocks. Thanks for solving the mystery about my closet lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Susan,
    love your DJ blocks and looking forward to seeing the baby quilt.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sign Susan. Those fabrics will make a lovely modern baby quilt. Your blocks are coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooh - love those colours! And the sign too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always causes me some anxiety to make a quilt for someone I'm not positive will appreciate the handmade aspect. I'm confident your quilt will be wonderful regardless.:) Love that calorie sign. Too, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabrics, I think they will look good. Wish I had known you were here, I would have met you for coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to seeing your new quilt, Susan. Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love those fabrics - certainly not your usual style - it will be lovely. Brave move putting a sign like that on things you are trying to sell...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blocks you have made! Very nice fabric for the baby quilt too...isn't it interesting how the camera changes colours of things! Great sign!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you work out something you are pleased with with the new fabric - always a bit tricky. Love the sign! Hope you enjoy some productive sewing this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny about that coffee sign... yep I agree baby things are so grown up now.... take care

    ReplyDelete
  13. fun fabrics to play with... even going out your comfort zone it will be lovely.... great coffee sign... I wondered how the jeans were getting tighter?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh i cant believe it, i was there Friday (yesterday) that wud have been so funny if we had run into one another! Drove back this morning

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Susan those fabrics will make a gorgeous baby quilt,love the sign,i hope you are having a lovely weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Susan those fabrics will make a gorgeous baby quilt,love the sign,i hope you are having a lovely weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure the baby quilt will be much appreciated. It will look lovely and fresh. Your work is always lovely. I think that sign is too funny. They must be hiding in my bike gear closet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you got some good sewing done Susan... I'm looking forward to seeing the baby quilt - the fabrics are lovely for a baby, I'm sure it will be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...