Monday 23 April 2012

Home Sweet Home

We arrived home from NZ last night, tired and happy. It was an amazing holiday - NZ is a gorgeous country filled with beautiful scenery and a lot of really nice people. Now that we are back, it has gone right back on the list of things to do - we would definitely go again.

The only negative I found was a serious lack of craft mags.

It was really refreshing to have a break from blogging and stitching - and now I can't wait to get this HUGE pile of washing out of the way so I can get back into some sewing.

A personal highlight was meeting fellow blogger Miche'le at Hokitika. Her lovely shop is right at her back door - how good would that be. Needless to say I stocked up on a few fabrics and 'souvenirs'. Thank you for your generous welcome Miche'le.



Unfortunately my visit to Twizel and The Rowan Tree was poorly timed - and all I could do was drool at the beautiful fabrics in Shiree's window. My kids described me as grief stricken when I got back in the motorhome.

It was a full-on action packed holiday. I won't go on about it too long, but I will list the highlights:

Pine hedges in Christchurch/Canterbury - Dunedin/Otago Peninsula/Larnach Castle - Tunnel Beach - Te Anau glow worm caves - Fox Glacier - Moeraki Boulders - Arrowtown - watching my firstborn bungy jump - Queenstown luge - Hanmer Springs. This is really hard there are so many great things in NZ.



DH took over 1500 pics - I really like this one of the family at the top of the worlds steepest street in Dunedin.


I'm planning an evening of catching up on all the blog happenings from while I was away.

Susan x

9 comments:

  1. glad your home safe.........and you had a lovely time.........I would love to go to NZ for a holiday........

    no need to visit my blog nothing posted while you've been away........

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pleased you enjoyed our country Susan, bring Chooky back with you next time!
    So sorry that I missed you... there will have to be a next time now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home...Glad you had a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that you had such a good time..and yes I don't think the magazines aren't as readily available as they are over there..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics. Shame one of your shops was not open. Did our drive the motor home up that street, or walk up. I have been there so know exactly which one you mean, there is a little shop at the bottom , right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home, that holiday seemed to go very quickly. Lovely family shot and beautiful scenery.
    I empathise with your grief at missing a visit into The Rowan Tree. I too would have be devastated. Still sounds like your days were filled with new and wonderful sights. And yes, you will have to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NZ is on Our Trip List..So Glad you had a Great Time and to Meet Michele' would have been a Highlight her Shop looks Lovely even the Couch looks Inviting..
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great holiday...sad about Shiree's shop, but love the family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your family pic, sounds like you had a wonderful time...Welcome home :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...